- Beneficiation Plant
- Crusher Machine
- Mining Equipment
- Production Line
With world economy and technology development, the mining industry is also highly developed for meeting the demands of energy resource and infrastructure materials. The increasing volumes of wastes are generated by mining activities. In order to improve this condition, we firstly need to manage to reduce the mining waste, and then achieve to recycle and reuse the wastes.
Spent foundry sands are by products generated by metal casting industry, typically consisting of even particle sized sands with various additives and some metals affiliated with specific casting process. The new raw sands to make casting molds are repeatedly used for many times, the sand particles are eventually too fine for molding process. Now the spent foundry sand will be replaced by new sands.
Spent foundry sand making plant
In order to avoid the pollution and reduce the waste, most spent foundry sand are recycled in non-foundry applications or landfilled. According to the research, about 15% of each 6-10 million tons of spent foundry sands annually is recycled. There are various applications for spent foundry sand worldwide in modern time.
- Asphalt Concrete: replacement of up to 15% spent sand for traditional asphalt concrete fine aggregate.
- Compost Additive: Bulking agent for composted yard waste, to produce soil additive for agriculture.
- Concrete: many spent foundry sand are used in structural grade concrete instead of regular sand.
- Bricks and Pavers: Encapsulation in a proprietary, high pressure, pozzolanic process that can encapsulate and chemically bind various waste materials in C-grade flyash (a fine particulate ash produced by coal-burning electrical power plants). The ambient-temperature process results in bricks that are cost effective and can be shaped to meet end-user requirements.
- Portland Cement: Cement kiln feed for portland cement. A study by the American Foundrymen’s Society indicates that portland cement manufactured with up to 13% of spent foundry sand exhibited slightly higher compressive strengths than conventionally produced portland cement, without any degradation of key characteristics such as set time.
Spent foundry sand recycling equipment
The recycling of nonhazardous spent foundry sand can save energy and natural mineral resources, and may reduce costs for both producers and end users. For example, in cold weather climates, use of spent foundry sands as construction site base material extends the construction season because such sands won’t freeze as readily as most soils.
Since the significant contribution of spent foundry sand, there are many spent sand recycling and production equipment are designed. The popular spent foundry sand production equipment includes HCS cone crusher, ball mill, vertical mill, high pressure mill, ultrafine mill etc. and some auxiliary equipment such as belt conveyor, vibrating screen and cyclone collector.
Foundry Sand Washing Machine Manufacturer South Africa
We are a professional manufacturer of mining and recycling equipment, providing whole sets of spent foundry sand recycling and production plants. With the benefits of energy saving, high performance, lost operation cost, our plants have been the world favorite recycling equipment, they have created much wealth for customers, meantime, saved raw mineral resources. If you need, we could provide you high advance products and considerate service any time.